Losing your Ford Fusion keys is normal, but you don’t have to worry about it. There are ways to unlock your car without the keys, and today we will go through the methods you can use to unlock a Ford Fusion without keys.
- 1 Unlocking A Ford Fusion Without Keys
- 2 Unlocking A Ford Fusion’s Door From Outside
- 3 Other Ways To Unlock A Ford Fusion Without A Key
- 4 The Locking System On A Ford Fusion
- 5 Final Thoughts On Unlocking A Ford Fusion Without Keys
Unlocking A Ford Fusion Without Keys
1. Manual Effort
You will have to do it from the inside of your Ford Fusion. A professional airbag can act as a wedge to open the top of the vehicle’s door. Try to put metal into the car to touch the locking pin and then pull the pin-up.
You can use this method to open the door in no time. Take a look at what your vehicle lock type is. Even if it has two types of locking mechanisms such as Manual lock and Automatic lock, you won’t have a problem.
These are the steps:
- Take a wedge and make a gap at the top of the car’s door, window, or door frame.
- Now, insert a knife through the gap and switch the doorstop for this purpose.
- By inserting the knife into the door gap, you will have a space between the top of the door and the seat.
- Pull out the corner of the door using your fingers. Keep the door spaced by inserting a tool until you open it.
- Use a lock hook to grab the locking pin and pull the lock to open it.
Keep in mind that the locking pin will take some time, so don’t rush the process. Depending on your car’s type, there will be some struggles while opening the lock using a hook.
The Ford Fusion may take a bit of patience. If you don’t want to do it by yourself, you can always hire a professional to do the task.
2. Automatic Locks
Breaking into a Ford Fusion’s interior with automatic locks is not easy as it may sound. You should focus on two main things: the location of the unlocking button and the lock’s adjustments from the car’s body.
Your Ford Fusion has its own unlocking button on the center console and it’s easy to get to it. Try to insert a hook or loop inside the car to press the driver’s side’s lock button.
Now, press the unlock button of the door through the tool you used at the end.
Unlocking A Ford Fusion’s Door From Outside
Before explaining this method to you, we suggest you find a lockout tool. It will make the process a lot easier, but we don’t encourage people to go through with this process due to the risks it can cause to the car’s door.
- A thin piece of a coat hanger can be utilized to make the end. Make sure you use a strong tool. Insert the slim Jim into the vehicle’s door. Do it on the passenger side door. We don’t recommend doing it on the driver’s door, because the driver’s seat has more wires between the windows.
- If you can, use a black weather stripping with your fingers and make a quick insert into the car’s door.
- Now you can open the lock with a piece of metal or hook more comfortably than with the previous methods.
In a Ford Fusion vehicle, the locking system is structured below the locking pin. A hard metal joins the locking mechanism with the lock. Once the hook grips the lock, you can pull it up.
Other Ways To Unlock A Ford Fusion Without A Key
Thankfully, Ford has equipped many of its cars with different tools to help drivers unlock their vehicles without the key. If you locked your key inside and you don’t have a spare key, use the following methods:
You can use the remote unlock by using the FordPass App. If you have the app on your phone and you have already activated FordPass Connect, you can remotely unlock your vehicle. The steps are:
- Enter the app.
- Tap Home in the FordPass App.
- Press and hold the Unlock button until the circle starts spinning, and then you will be able to unlock the car.
Another method you can use is the keyless entry code if it was equipped. This system allows you to unlock the Fusion’s door by entering a 5-digit entry code. Use the code to unlock the driver’s door.
One thing that you need to know is that the factory-set five-digit keyless entry code is provided on a wallet-sized card that comes with the Owner’s Manual.
If you are unable to unlock your Ford Fusion, you will have to contact a Ford dealership to get professional assistance.
The Locking System On A Ford Fusion
These vehicles are equipped with a highly professional locking and unlocking system, and it will be helpful to know how it works. It’s divided into:
- Central locking: You can only centrally lock the doors when they are fully closed.
- Double locking: We suggest not activating double locking when there are guests or animals inside the car. You won’t be able to unlock the doors from the inside if you have double locked them.
Double locking is a theft protection feature that can prevent someone from opening the doors from the inside. In case you lose your keys, the system will most likely turn on.
If we talk about locking and unlocking, when you unlock the doors, the direction indicators will flash once. Meanwhile, when you lock the doors, the direction indicators will flash twice.
Keep in mind that if your Ford Fusion has double locking, it’s going to be harder for you to unlock the vehicle if you lose the key. It doesn’t mean it’s going to be impossible, but we suggest you contact the closest Ford dealership.
Final Thoughts On Unlocking A Ford Fusion Without Keys
We answer the query “How to Unlock a Ford Fusion Without Keys” in three ways. Are you getting something out of us? The Ford Fusion, on the other hand, is a different make and style. Often you can use the keyless entry keypad, and often you have to use the actual keypad on the driver’s door. The safest thing to do is to have the police or a locksmith unlock the door without breaking it.