The traction controls or Stabilitrak are safe for your vehicle. But if you’re coming out of the snow or trying to get out of the freezing hell, there’s a good chance your car will get stuck! And that’s because you must learn how to turn off StabiliTrak.
In such delicate situations, if the StabiliTrak is not deactivated, the vehicle will gradually reduce power. And to get out of that situation, you’ll need an extra boost. Turning off the StabiliTrak will help you deal with the situation.
Here we will show you several processes to disable that. The methods will vary from car to car and from model to model. However, we will try to mention all the available vehicles. Take a look at these methods, I hope they can help you.
How to Turn off Stabilitrak in Different Cars
How to Turn off StabiliTrak is one of the most frequently asked questions by vehicle owners. We’ll show you how to turn off your vehicle’s traction control.
If you own a Ford or identical vehicle, you can use this process. However, the process will depend on the model of your Ford.
- To turn off the Stabilitrak, you must first press the traction control button. After pressing it, release the button immediately.
- Hold down the control button for a while. This will turn off the traction control.
- However, in some cases, you will have to go through the car’s menu. The steering wheel controls will play a very important role here. With these steering wheel controls in the instrument cluster, you will be able to make your way around.
- Look at the left side of the steering wheel. Here you have to look for the black arrow and press it.
- Now, after doing the above, you must scroll down with the help of the down arrow again, all you need to do is try to control the setting.
- Once you have reached the settings, select accept. When you are done with this you will immediately get more options than you saw before.
- From the new options, you should select DRIVER ASSIST. But in this option, remember to press the OK button again.
- Now you will see the DRIVE CONTROL option in front of you. Congratulations, you are done with the process. Now all you need to do is check the steering wheel and press OK, and you are ready.
If you own a Volkswagen or identical car, the process may be a little different. We will show you how to turn off your car’s traction control.
- You must convert your vehicle to accessory mode. Here, always be sure to keep the ignition in position, but do not start the engine.
- After you have done the above. You must go through the lights. Put your hands on the warning lights.
- If you don’t know which one it is, don’t worry, just find the triangle button and press it.
- After you press it, the warning lights will come on and you are ready to move on to the next step.
- Now you must press the accelerator pedals. Start slowly, press the accelerator pedal once, and then repeat the process 4 more times, for a total of 5 times.
- As a result of pressing the accelerator pedal, the car will move forward. It will move a few feet and then the TC will come back on. The vehicle will do this automatically.
Note: in most cases, some safety features will be disabled if you perform the process, all you need to do is reactivate them again to fully enjoy your car.
In this case, Toyota has an easier process, since it has a VSC button.
- Press the button and hold it down for a few seconds.
- Ready, this will do the job itself, it will disable the VSC along with the TRAC, after the process is completed you will see a message like VSC OFF along with the TRAC OFF indicators
Chevrolet and GMC
In the particular case of GMC or Chevrolet.
- Press the center button, pass through the button on the mainboard.
- Now all you have to do is press the button and hold it there for a few seconds, you will see the traction control turn on.
- Then it will display a DIC message, If you have a GMC Sierra, you will easily understand what we are talking about.
- Well, now you just have to wait, the Stabilitrak in your car will turn on automatically.
- It will happen if your vehicle reaches 56km/h or more and, you should know that the traction control will also turn off.
FIAT, RAM, Dodge Jeep y Chrysler
With the vehicle stopped, but turned on, perform this process:
- Press the ESC button. Hold it there for about 6 seconds.}
- You will now hear a buzzer,… Ready, in the instrument group you will see ESC OFF.
Now you know how to turn off Stabilitrak, we try to detail the process as simple as possible, do not need more hands than yours to perform, but always keep in mind the safety measures.