The Ford f-150 is a pick-up vehicle with a very powerful engine. Unfortunately, the sound produced by its original exhaust does not live up to it in terms of quality.
How can I make the exhaust sound louder? Investing in a new exhaust system is the most effective way to improve your beautiful vehicle’s overall sound and performance.
We have compiled a list of the best sounding exhausts for the Ford F150. In addition, loud-sounding exhaust systems can improve the vehicle’s performance as well as the car’s build strength.
- 1 Best Sounding Exhaust for F-150
- 1.1 1. Flowmaster – Best Exhaust Systems for Ford F150 for the Money
- 1.2 2. BORLA – Best Sounding Exhaust for F150 3.5 Ecoboost
- 1.3 3. MBRP – Best Exhaust for Fuel Economy for Ford F150
- 1.4 4. Roush – Best Exhaust System for F150 5.0 2015-2020 Flex Fuel
- 1.5 5. MagnaFlow – Best Exhaust for F150 5.0
- 1.6 6. MagnaFlow 15461 Exhaust System Kit
- 1.7 7. CORSA 24392 Cat-Back Exhaust kit
- 1.8 8. Gibson 60-0034 Cat-Back Exhaust System
- 2 How to Choose an Aftermarket Exhaust System for F150
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Best Sounding Exhaust for F-150
For this review, I have carefully selected systems from world-renowned manufacturers. The products have undergone a series of tests, and have proven to be reliable and acceptable over time.
They are currently suitable for a wide range of engine types and model years and have a number of advantages and disadvantages.
1. Flowmaster – Best Exhaust Systems for Ford F150 for the Money
Flowmaster is undoubtedly a pioneer in this field, and its kits can be of use to you. Not only is it a low-cost device, but it is also very durable, reliable, and energy-efficient in its operation.
It produces a pleasant progressive sound that most vehicle owners like. The downside is that when the engine is running at high RPM (especially on city streets or busy highways), it can become very noisy.
However, Flowmaster’s product for the F150 Ecoboost can also be considered a third-party exhaust system for the vehicle.
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Includes Both Rear and Side Exit
- Patented Delta Flow technology
2. BORLA – Best Sounding Exhaust for F150 3.5 Ecoboost
The BORLA is often regarded as the sound of authority. This exhaust system has been developed with unique straight-through technology and has been specifically tailored to high-performance engine applications.
It uses positive pressure to push the exhaust to its maximum capacity, resulting in a pleasant growl.
Not to mention, the entire package is backed by a million-mile warranty. As a result, you can rest assured that BORLA’s aftermarket program will provide significant benefits to your F150 Ecoboost.
- Product type :AUTO PART
- Package dimensions :61.0 " L x16.0 " W x13.0 " H
- country of origin :United States
3. MBRP – Best Exhaust for Fuel Economy for Ford F150
The MBRP exhaust system is an excellent choice for people on a budget. When compared to other exhaust systems available on the market, this cat-back exhaust kit is a bargain.
In this exhaust system, the aluminized steel pipe is 16 gauge thick and is built from seamless construction.
This ensures that it will last a long time. As a result, it is particularly suited for environments with mild environmental conditions.
No products found.
4. Roush – Best Exhaust System for F150 5.0 2015-2020 Flex Fuel
With Roush’s Cat-Back, you can completely eliminate the resonator on your F150, which is followed by a custom-designed exhaust system for maximum performance.
Due to Roush’s renowned fit and build quality, it gives your F150 an aggressive, nasty sound that is sure to turn some heads as you drive it down the road.
The unit’s dual output tips completely transform the look and feel of the rear of your F150, giving your powerful truck a new sound and a new look.
- Fits 2015-2020 F150 5.0L, 3.5L Ti-VCT, 3.5L Ecoboost (non-Raptor), or 2.7L Ecoboost engines - ALL cab and bed configurations
- Increased air flow and less back pressure to help reach the truck’s full potential in horsepower and torque
- Chrome flashed T-304 stainless side-exit tips with ROUSH logo
5. MagnaFlow – Best Exhaust for F150 5.0
The MagnaFlow exhaust system may be the best choice for you if you have a Ford F150 equipped with a 5.0-liter V8.
While accelerating, you won’t hear any “whooshing” sounds, and you won’t hear any frightening rumbling noises when traveling on the highway.
It has been specially designed for the Ford F150 and can be installed immediately on the vehicle.
- MODERATE SOUND/STREET SERIES - Street Series performance exhausts are designed to enhance the power and exterior sound of your vehicle without sacrificing...
- CAT-BACK PERFORMANCE - Extensive testing and dyno-proven power make this exhaust truly developed for the driven. It is designed to replace the original exhaust...
- BOLT-ON INSTALLATION - MagnaFlow utilizes state-of-the-art 3D scanning technology during the research and development process to ensure that this exhaust system...
6. MagnaFlow 15461 Exhaust System Kit
MagnaFlow also built the exhaust system to have “a large stainless steel outlet,” according to the company.
Its attractive appearance is one of the main reasons consumers choose this exhaust system. In 2011, we had the opportunity to meet the automotive enthusiasts who had built this car, as well as the UP Ford F150 5.0L engine.
- Straight through mufflers
- Mandrel bent tubing
- Stainless steel construction
7. CORSA 24392 Cat-Back Exhaust kit
CORSA Performance is a company known for producing high-quality exhaust systems for automobiles.
In addition to the reflective sound cancellation technology, CORSA is known for its other products.
The exhaust system is designed in a straight-through configuration to improve airflow, which in turn improves fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.
This system features bar cutting and polished stainless steel exhaust tips, among other features. In addition, the exhaust system is covered by a ten-year limited warranty.
- Patented No Drone, Reflective Sound Cancellation (RSC) Technology
- Custom Tuned, Aggressive Exhaust Note
- Flows Better Than Stock
8. Gibson 60-0034 Cat-Back Exhaust System
Possibly, you have never seen this kind of movement on a Gibson model before. It is often considered one of the most exciting motorsports in the world.
Gibson promises more power, better fuel economy, and superior exhaust system work, as well as excellent sound quality.
The goal of Gibson exhaust systems is to improve efficiency. When you look at the price, you can determine the performance of the product and whether it is worth buying or not.
- 4-in. Stainless mandrel bent tubing
- Gibson Muffler features a baffled & chambered design, no internal packing, aggressive deep tone
- 6in. Black Ceramic Round Rolled Edge Slash- Cut Tip
How to Choose an Aftermarket Exhaust System for F150
There are more than 10 different types of F-150s that are considered the best sounding.
However, all we did was research what the loudest sounds were that we could find. As a result, you should be aware of what features to look for when choosing an exhaust device.
This is the most important feature. Exhaust devices are located on your engine and are responsible for the release of exhaust gases, as well as maintaining a steady rhythm in the vehicle.
You must choose between an exhaust that produces a loud, deafening roar or one that produces a more subtle tone.
Another major concern for any vehicle owner considering replacing an old exhaust system with a new one is the reliability of the new exhaust system.
There are two variables that influence the longevity of an exhaust system: the materials used in its construction and the precision with which it is welded. A stainless steel or aluminum exhaust is a good choice for most situations.
Additional functionality is a feature that appears on this list regularly, as it is often requested.
The reason for this is that purchasing a new exhaust system that only improves the sound is not a viable option.
Ease of installation.
Ease of installation should not be the determining element in an operation, but it should be taken into account.
Since this is an exhaust repair, the vehicle cannot remain in the garage during the entire process. It can be a simple process that can be completed in an hour or two.
Examine the legal documents
Ford F-150 drivers are aware that their vehicles produce a louder sound than other cars.
However, when selecting a new unit, make sure there are no legal issues. Keep in mind that being dumb is not an acceptable excuse for breaking the law.
What is the loudest exhaust for a truck?
The Flowmaster American Thunder Series Flowmaster muffler is Flowmaster’s most radical-sounding muffler, suitable for early muscle cars, off-road driving, and dual exhaust cruisers.
Moreover, with the deepest tone available for high-horsepower street vehicles, the Flowmaster Super 40 muffler is unrivaled.
Can power added to vehicle be measured?
Giving an affirmative “yes” or “no” answer to this question will lead you astray. It is impossible to know how much power the exhaust sound contributes to engine power. For one thing, there is no precise method of calculation.
However, you can perceive that the force is steadily increasing. Different metrics at the exhaust manufacturer and on the truck decide these stages.
Is sound affected by the muffler shape?
Bottom line. The shape of the muffler and the power of the sounding engine are two critical factors that influence the quality of the exhaust sound.
A muffler is applied to the exhaust device to suppress noise; however, the vibration is distorted differently due to different styles of mufflers.
The Ford F150 Ecoboost is a highly fuel-efficient pickup truck, but it isn’t the most exciting-sounding vehicle on the road.
Taking a look at the finest exhaust systems that may provide a substantial boost in sound, today’s topic is “sound.”
Additionally, they may increase efficiency by eliminating smoke from the environment more rapidly.
In order to maintain your engine’s performance and extend the life of your F150, choosing an exhaust system from the list is a wise decision.