It’s a fact, Jeeps are made for adventure. They can handle even the roughest patches and deliver a smooth journey, no matter where you take them. However, not all roads are built equal. That’s where the top rims for jeeps wheels come in handy. As you might be aware jeep rim plays a major role in making a long drive memorable.
According to The Scott Law Firm’s report, most of the time, automobile accidents are caused by non-functional rims and wheel designs that don’t fulfill basic durability requirements. That’s why more than a thousand people die yearly in vehicle collisions.
It means a lot to have strong, functional rims on your jeep. As they offer better safety to the passengers than enhancing the looks of the jeep.
There are so many designs and brands in the market when it comes to rims. So, this might become very challenging for you to find the best fit for your Jeep Wrangler JK.
So, why not read this article as we give in-depth details about the top rims for jeeps available in the market that come at an affordable price.
We have focused on explaining various types of rims that are eye-catching and make for stellar-looking wheels, compatible with jeeps wheels, and the type of lifetime structural warranty that you must look for.
So, Let’s Get Started!
- 1 Types Of Wheels Available For Your Jeep
- 2 How You Can Choose Best Rim For Your Jeep: Buying Guide!
- 3 7 Best Rims For Jeep Review In 2022: Choose Better Performance!
- 3.1 1. XD Series Grenade Satin Black Wheel with Milled Spokes By KMC
- 3.2 2. HE878 Satin Satin Black Painted Finish Rim For Jeep By Helo
- 3.3 3. 12 Millimeters Classic Polished Jeep Wheels By Mickey Thompson
- 3.4 4. Alloy Flat Black Finish Series 69 Best Rim For Jeep By Pro Comp
- 3.5 5. Aluminum Polished Finish Series 69 Jeep Wheel By Pro Comp
- 3.6 6. Machined Wheel with Clear Coat Rim For Jeep By American Racing
- 3.7 7. Matte Bronze Jeep Wrangler Protected Wheel Backspacing By RockTrix
- 4 What Rims Are Compatible With Your Jeep?
- 5 Wrap Up On Best Rims For Jeep Review
- 6 FAQ: 7 Best Wheels For Jeep Wrangler
Types Of Wheels Available For Your Jeep
Here is a quick overview of each perfect wheel type so that you can pick the right one for your jeep wrangler.
· Steel Wheels: Steel wheels are the most durable type of jeep wheels available in the market. But, note that they are also the most expensive jeep wheels. Steel wheels will give your Jeep a more rugged look and they are also difficult to clean.
· Alloy Wheels: These are made of different metals. They are easier and lighter to handle than steel wheels, which makes them the most popular ones in the market. You can find alloy wheels that have a chrome or brushed finish. The alloy wheel is a good choice for people who want their Jeep wheels to look more stylish.
· Forged & Cast Wheels: Forged wheels are made from a solid piece of aluminum machined into the desired shape. Forged wheels are typically lighter and more durable than cast wheels.
· Multi-Piece Wheels: Multi-piece wheels are usually composed of an aluminum alloy inner rim and an outer rim made of steel. The aluminum alloy inner rim is then bolted to the steel outer rim.
How You Can Choose Best Rim For Your Jeep: Buying Guide!
If you are planning to buy a new set of wheels for your Jeep, there are a few factors that you need to consider before making your purchase.
Rim Size & Width
You must ensure that the wheel size and width are compatible with your Jeep. The diameter of the rim, also known as the rim width, is measured in inches.
The diameter of the wheel’s outer edge is referred to as the rim width, which is often measured in inches or millimeters.
Because Jeeps have a wide variety of rim sizes and widths, it is important to consult with a rim specialist to find the right rim size and width for your Jeep.
There are a variety of bolt patterns that are used on Jeeps, so it is important to know which bolt pattern your Jeep has before you purchase a new set of wheels.
But the specific bolt pattern is not that easy to know, and you have to measure it yourself or ask the wheel specialist.
Diameter & Finish
The diameter of the Jeep’s wheel is another factor to consider when choosing a new set of rims. Rims come in various diameters ranging from 14 inches to 24 inches.
In addition, rims come in various finishes, including polished, gloss black, and matte black finish.
Because rim diameters and finishings can vary so much, it is important to consult with a professional to ensure that you choose the right set of rims for your Jeep.
Design & Looks
The wheel design is one of the most important factors you need to consider while making your purchase. Jeep rims are available in various designs, but the most popular ones are the multi-spoke design and the concave look.
This would make your jeep stand out among the other vehicles. However, if you prefer a more conventional appearance, the multi-spoke design is an excellent choice.
But a center bore that is too small or non-existent can make the wheel look cheap. It is very important that you pay attention to the rim design that would match your Jeep.
Hub Centric Or Lug Centric
Another factor to consider when choosing a new set of rims for your Jeep is whether you want hub-centric or lug-centric rims.
Hub-centric rims are designed to fit snugly over the wheel hub of your Jeep wheels, while lug-centric rims are designed to fit over the lug nuts.
Because hub-centric rims provide a more snug fit, they are often seen as better for off-road performance.
Your Jeep’s wheels should match your vehicle’s stellar look. When choosing your rims, make sure to pick a style that compliments your Jeep’s overall design.
Depending on your preference, you can go for a sleek and modern look or a more rugged and tough look.
Because stellar wheels can enhance your Jeep’s look, it is important to choose wisely. However, do not choose wheels solely based on their appearance or just because they are labeled as the best jeep wrangler wheels. Do your research, and look for the outer edge, center caps, structural warranty, and so on details.
7 Best Rims For Jeep Review In 2022: Choose Better Performance!
Just as the tires offer the best experience on an off-road drive similarly rims enhance the overall driving experience of your jeep. It is important to choose the right set of rims that can provide better grip and stability while driving with all-terrain tires. Here are the 7 best wheels for Jeep that you can consider buying:
KMC wheels are designed for those who want superior performance and style. The Grenade satin black wheel has milled spokes that give it a rugged look. It is made from cast aluminum.
The satin black finish and milled spokes give the wheel a sleek, matte black finish. Also, the offset design provides superior traction and handling, while the lug nuts ensure that the wheel is securely attached.
Whether you’re looking for a new set of wheels for your truck or SUV, or you simply want to upgrade your current wheels, the XD Series by KMC Wheels XD820 Grenade Satin Black Wheel with Milled Spokes is a perfect choice.
Especially if you want a set of wheels that offer both style and performance with better stability.
· Its weight is around 41.6 pounds which helps you while installing new wheels.
· Its 20 inches wheel diameter enhances the look of your vehicle.
· It has around a 3640 load rating which easily carries the weight of your car.
· When it comes to the quality, an ardent jeep owner is not happy with the finish of the rims.
- Satin Black Milled Finish
- Lug nuts are not included with wheel purchase
- Satin black painted finish with milled spokes and center cap
2. HE878 Satin Satin Black Painted Finish Rim For Jeep By Helo
Helo is a well-known brand that manufactures high-quality rims for different vehicles. They also have a large product line that is both low-cost and of excellent quality.
The company has designed the HE878 Satin Satin Black Painted Finish wheel for SUVs like jeep wrangler and other off-road vehicles.
With the value and appearance you want, Helo Wheels provide the look and style you’re after with the right fitment and aggressive offsets. Also, the lifetime structural and one-year finish warranty will take off your tension.
However, if you frequently use their jeeps for off-roading, you might not be too keen on the idea of getting black rims.
· The wheel size is about 15 inches which is the right size for jeeps.
· Comes in 16″, 17″, 18″, and 20″ rim diameter.
· You will get a rim width is about 9 inches which makes it strong.
· The packaging is not great so you may face some problems.
- Available in 16" 17” 18” and 20” diameters with various widths and off-sets
- Satin black painted finish and center cap
- Lifetime structural and a one-year finish warranty against peeling or lifting of finish
3. 12 Millimeters Classic Polished Jeep Wheels By Mickey Thompson
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires produces, develops, and distributes street, strip, track, and off-road tires. Since its inception in 1963, the firm has been a proponent of several industry firsts, including wide low-profile street wheels.
Their primary purpose has always been to design and create the finest performance tires in the world, which we’ve done since our inception.
Track and off-road racing enthusiasts all over the world trust the company’s performance tires to be a leader in high-performance tires and wheels for track use.
That’s why this classic 3rd polished finish wheel is one of the best-performing rims for your Jeep. It’s a 12-millimeter wheel that comes with a unique design. The company has used advanced technology to create a wheel that’s lightweight and provides great stability.
· It is available in different colors, sizes, and configurations.
· It has a high loading rate of about 4400 pounds.
· You will get a better and glossy finish on this wheel.
· It is embossed with M/T logo which can be a bit tacky for some users.
- Smooth outer lip for a clean look
- High load rating
- Non corrosive, two-tone, screw-on center cap included
4. Alloy Flat Black Finish Series 69 Best Rim For Jeep By Pro Comp
Pro Comp Alloys are produced using State-Of-The-Art Low-Pressure-Casting Technology that delivers unrivaled wheel strength, style, and value. The Alloy Wheels come in a variety of designs, including black, graphite, chrome, milled, polished, and dual-tone finish.
They produce wheels that are excellent in their performance and are apt for Jeeps, trucks, and SUVs with larger brakes than ever before. Pro Comp’s Flat Black 69 series Alloy Wheels have a specially designed lip that provides the clearance you need for your big brake kit.
It has a 15×8″ size that is perfect for Jeeps. But when it comes to the bolt pattern, it has around 114.3 millimeters. However, the negative 25 offsets can hold up to 2,200 pounds of load.
So make sure that your Jeep’s brake system is good to go before you buy these rims. This will ensure your safety while driving on different terrains.
· They come in a variety of colors, sizes, and configurations.
· It has a backspace of about 3.75″ and a diameter of 83.01 inches.
· You can easily install it because its weight is lower than 20 pounds.
· Many users are not happy with their customer support team.
- 83.01 inches
- Size 15x8
- Bolt Pattern 5x4.5 inch
5. Aluminum Polished Finish Series 69 Jeep Wheel By Pro Comp
Pro Comp is a well-known manufacturer of off-road accessories and parts. The firm provides a variety of goods, including suspension systems, shocks, and steering components.
The Aluminum Polished Finish Series 69 Jeep Wheel is one of the best rims offered by Pro Comp. The tire size you need is 28.5-inch; it has 5 holes X5.5 inches, pitch circle diameter X-6 millimeters, item offset X4.75 inches, wheel backspacing, and has a 466mm bead center to bead width ratio of 60%.
That will give you a clear idea of what size tires you need and how much space they will take up on your rims.
It provides your jeep an eye-catching look with its polished aluminum finish.
· Graphite material has been used in this rim.
· The size of its wheels is 17 inches. that looks so good.
· This rim weighs up to 24 pounds.
· Many times it happened that they do not fit in the bolt pattern of the vehicle.
- Polished finish
- Classic design
- Lifetime structural warranty
6. Machined Wheel with Clear Coat Rim For Jeep By American Racing
American Racing is a well-known brand that manufactures high-quality wheels. The Machined Wheel with Clear Coat Rim is one of the best products by American Racing. It is available in 14″ and 15″ diameters that can fit most Jeep models.
Especially Jeep Wrangler Jk, Jeep Wrangler TJ, and Jeep Wrangler YJ. Because their off-road and on-road vehicles require strong and sturdy wheels to deal with any terrain. However, lug nuts are included in the package, and the center cap is sold separately.
The bolt pattern is about 83.06 millimeters. That can be a great option for those who are looking for a replacement for their old and damaged rims.
Because most jeeps have a 5-lug bolt pattern, this one has the same. So, you should have no trouble with installation.
· It also gives you a Lifetime Structural & Finishing Warranty of around one year against lifting.
· This rim is available in many different sizes.
· This rim weighs 19 pounds because it is made of aluminum material
· Build quality is not good, and requires some improvement.
- Available in 14” and 15” diameters with various widths and off-sets
- Machined finish with clearcoat and center cap
- Lifetime structural and a one-year finish warranty against peeling or lifting of finish
7. Matte Bronze Jeep Wrangler Protected Wheel Backspacing By RockTrix
Jeep Wrangler wheels come in different sizes, and the right backspacing can make all the difference. With a Matte Bronze finish, this wheel from RockTrix is not only good-looking but also durable.
It has a backspacing of 4.5 inches, which is just right for a Jeep Wrangler. This ensures that the wheel does not protrude too much from the body of the car, which can cause problems while driving on rough terrain.
Also, the 71.5mm bore of the wheel makes it compatible with your jeep. The Matte Bronze finish gives it a stylish look that will turn heads when driving on the road.
However, sometimes the finish may chip off easily, but this is a great wheel for Jeep Wranglers. But you don’t have to worry about the shipping if you are not a rough driver.
Because this scenario is rare, only those vehicles that face it frequently go on an off-road drive. So, you are safe in this case as you don’t take your jeep on such surfaces.
· It is a strong rim made of aluminum material.
· This rim measures 20 inches and weighs 35 pounds.
· Rocktrix wheels will make it easier for your vehicle to drive on rough roads.
· This is a good product but still needs some improvement.
- RockTrix Wheels compatible with Jeep 2007-2022 Wrangler JK JL and 2019-2022 Gladiator JT. NOTE: Wheels will extend past fenders.
- [SPECIFICATIONS] 5x5" (5x127) Bolt Pattern. 20x9 Wheel Size. -12 Offset (4.5" Backspacing). 71.5mm Centerbore. Features a Matte Bronze finish with a durable...
- Our wheels require cone seat (also known as acorn/taper/conical) lug nuts for proper installation. Compatible with cone seat OEM Jeep lug nuts and aftermarket...
What Rims Are Compatible With Your Jeep?
Swapping out the wheels is one of the most popular modifications for a Jeep Wrangler. This completes your jeep’s outer look and also allows you to change the tire size and height, making your Jeep higher or lower off the ground. But what rims are compatible with your Jeep? So here are some tips.
· Most Jeep Wranglers come with a 15-inch wheels standard. However, you can upgrade to 16-, 17- or even 18-inch wheels without any modifications.
· If you want to go even bigger, you can install a lift kit to give your Jeep more clearance. Once you have a lift kit, you can install wheels up to 20 inches in diameter
· The wider-width wheels have an upper hand as they offer better stability and durability. Wider wheels can also give your Jeep a more aggressive look.
Wrap Up On Best Rims For Jeep Review
Jeep owners have a wide variety of rim options to enhance their vehicles’ look, performance, and durability.
But if the rim doesn’t perfectly fit your vehicle, it can have a negative influence on performance, as well as safety and appearance.
However, not everyone will enjoy the gloss black finish. Because daily driver means you need to clean it more often to keep that finish. It also brings kills the essence of maintaining a jeep which main purpose it uses on rough terrians.
This blog post discusses the types of rims available for Jeeps and how you can choose the best rim for your vehicle. You will also find available tips in how to select a rim for your jeep and what are the key components to look for.
As you know aftermarket wheels are not just for show but can also improve your Jeep’s performance. Don’t you want your adventure trip to be a memorable one, not to forget a secured one without any accidents. In that case, why not pay close attention to the rim that offers security and boosts the jeep’s performance.
Hopefully, this post has assisted you in selecting the appropriate set of wheels for your requirements! What are you waiting for? Go shop for the best rims for your jeep. In case you still have doubts, why not go through our FAQ section where we try to clarify the most common or frequently asked questions.
FAQ: 7 Best Wheels For Jeep Wrangler
Although most jeeps come with the best wheels and rims many jeep owners have several questions related to the rims. Here we try to answer a few important ones.
Q1. How to install new wheels in a jeep?
Ans: Installing new wheels on a jeep is a pretty easy process that takes around an hour to complete. It’s straightforward enough, provided you have a few essentials such as a lug wrench and a jack.
Q2. How much does a rim cost?
Ans: A rim can cost anywhere between $100 and $1,000. The price will depend on the rim’s brand, material, and design. But the popular wheels brands usually cost around $200 to $400.
Q3. What is the best material to use on a Jeep rim?
Ans: Rims come in various shapes and materials, it all depends on the budget that you have in mind to determine the best rim that you can get for your jeep. Because off-roading can be tough on rims, many people opt for steel or aluminum alloy rims. These materials are durable and can withstand a lot of abuse.