One of the most effective ways to keep your car engine functional is by changing the oil regularly.
But, which oil is the best oil for your 5.7 Hemi engine? The 5.7 Hemi V8 gasoline engine needs high-quality oil for optimal performance. Your 5.7 Hemi engine needs almost 5 to 7 quarts of oil.
Thus, choosing the right oil is highly important for vehicle owners. We have now made a list of the best quality oil that safeguards your precious engine.
You can check out the details of our chosen oil and buy the right one for your purpose. The thoroughly tested oil will make your engine long-lasting.
- 1 Best Synthetic Oil for 5.7 Hemi – Comparisons
- 2 Best Oil For 5.7 Hemi Reviews
- 2.1 1. Valvoline 881171 SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil (Best for high mileage engines)
- 2.2 2. Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic Oil (Best for high volatility)
- 2.3 3. Castrol 03063 GTX MAGNATEC (Best as low-budget engine oil)
- 2.4 4. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil (Best known for purity)
- 2.5 5. Mobil 1 5W-20 High Mileage Advanced Motor Oil (Best for high serviceability)
- 3 How to buy the best oil for 5.7 Hemi?
- 4 FAQs
Best Synthetic Oil for 5.7 Hemi – Comparisons
|Valvoline 881171 SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil||5 QT||5W-20|
|Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic Oil||5 QT||5W-20|
|Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil||1 to 5 QT||5W-20|
|Castrol 03063 GTX MAGNATEC||5 to 24 QT||5W-20|
|Mobil 1 5W-20 High Mileage Advanced Motor Oil||5 to 15 QT||5w-20|
Best Oil For 5.7 Hemi Reviews
1. Valvoline 881171 SAE 5W-20 Motor Oil (Best for high mileage engines)
When you need to deal with high mileage engines, you can invest in this motor oil. The 5.7 Hemi engine can become highly fuel-efficient using this oil. You may also combine it with other available conventional oils.
The presence of stronger additives is one of the reasons for choosing this oil. You will have values from the sludge control and anti-wear additives.
There are also seal conditioners for rubber seals. You can prevent Low-Speed Pre-Ignition with this oil.
The oil’s viscosity level is about 5W-20, and you can use it with a 5.7 Hemi engine found in different vehicles.
The API-certified oil works perfectly with most modern gasoline engines.
- Durable anti-wear layer
- Fight deposits and sludge
- Prevent leaks
- No complaints found
Valvoline oil is the right choice for regular and high mileage 5.7 Hemis. At a reasonable price, you will get this quality oil.
- PROVEN TO MINIMIZE EVERYDAY WEAR on your engine by providing consistent lubrication and defense
- OPTIMIZE POWER & FUEL EFFICIENCY with our low friction technology
- RESIST OIL BREAKDOWN & SLUDGE with added detergents to keep your engine clean
2. Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic Oil (Best for high volatility)
We have chosen high-performance oil for the 5.7 Hemi engine. This ILSAC GF-6 and API SP-certified oil has become a reliable choice for lots of vehicle owners. You can use it with Chrysler MS-6395
You can lubricate your camshaft lobes using this oil. You will also get the advantage of additive technology, and the oil maintains the right viscosity level.
It ensures sludge control in both cold and hot temperatures. Moreover, you will find ultimate protection against high-temperature deposits.
This oil is available with the API certification mark. You can buy it to use it with SUV engines and high mileage gas truck engines.
- Best for the most pickup trucks and SUV vehicles
- Viscosities level- 0W-20, 5W-30, and 5W-20
- Protects horsepower
- Ultimate wear protection
- Only a 5-quart container
We have chosen this synthetic base oil as it ensures high oxidation stability and better volatility. Keep your vehicle’s engine clean with this oil.
- Synthetic blend 15W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, and oil breakdown
- Ideal for on-highway fleets, construction, and agricultural machinery, and diesel pickup trucks — including high-power vehicles that require resistance to...
- Improves low-temperature flow (compared to conventional 15W-40 oils)
3. Castrol 03063 GTX MAGNATEC (Best as low-budget engine oil)
Castrol is always been a reliable name in the automotive industry, and this engine fluid gives the best value to your investment.
The high-end oil has a unique formulation that minimizes the risk of wear and tear of your 5.7 Hemi engine.
You will find the best serviceability with this fluid. Molecules are clinging to different parts.
That is why the oil adds a protective layer to your engine. The synthetic formulation with 5W-20 viscosity can prevent the risk of draining while stopping the engine.
Due to the incomparable quality, the oil can make your engine parts smoother. While driving your vehicle in high-traffic zones, you will find this motor oil valuable.
- Refine the engine functionality
- High viscosity
- Ensure a strong protective layer
- Thin density
- ATTENTION: Castrol GTX Magnatec will be transitioning to a brand NEW Castrol product, GTX Full Synthetic, on January 1st 2022.
- Dramatically reduce engine wear and leave critical engine parts 4X smoother
- Add a layer of protection during warm-up and beyond
4. Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil (Best known for purity)
You can choose this uniquely formulated oil for your 5.7 Hemi. Manufacturers have used natural gas instead of relying on traditional crude oil.
The use of PurePlus technology ensures optimal protection for your engine.
Your engine oil performance and quality have surpassed our anticipations. There is no impurity, and the oil serves you best, although you are driving the vehicle through difficult conditions.
Due to high resistance to different conditions, the oil helps in maintaining the engine horsepower. However, the oil is compatible with a few vehicles.
- Contain cleansing agents
- Reduce your fuel cost
- High purity level
- Limited compatibility
Overall, we can say that Pennzoil has offered premium quality oil that adds efficiency to your engine.
- Full synthetic 5W-30 engine oil made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- Designed for for vehicles with over 75,000 miles
- Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W-30 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (Based on Sequence IIIH results)
5. Mobil 1 5W-20 High Mileage Advanced Motor Oil (Best for high serviceability)
With a highly advanced formula, this Mobil 1 oil keeps up the best performance of your engine. Synthetic oil ensures the best level of protection for your internal engine parts.
Synthetic oil lets your engine restore its performance for a long period. With this motor oil used regularly, your engine can cover more than 75000 miles. The fluid has the best cleaning ability, and you will not find buildups in your internal parts.
With a viscosity level of about 5W-20, this engine fluid works with most vehicles. You can buy it for your high mileage automobiles.
- Sealer conditioner preventing leakage.
- Best additives
- Effective cleaning agents
- Not right for turbocharged cars
We have found the best serviceability of this motor oil. Moreover, this oil is resistant to different temperature effects.
- Mobil 1 High Mileage full-synthetic motor oil 5W-20 is designed for engines with over 75,000 miles to go up to 10,000 miles between oil changes.*
- Utilizes Mobil 1’s signature Triple Action Formula to deliver outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness
- Meets ILSAC GF-6 standards to help provide low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI) and timing chain wear protection while keeping your engine clean and helping to improve...
How to buy the best oil for 5.7 Hemi?
We have a brief guide on the way of purchasing the high-quality 5.7 Hemi oil.
Read the labels
Most of the buyers overlook the label while buying the motor oil. The label has detailed information on the vehicle compatibility and oil type.
For instance, synthetic oils can be the best choice for gasoline and diesel engines.
Moreover, synthetic oil is of different types, including the fully synthetic, synthetic blend, and high-mileage synthetic.
Know the viscosity of your oil
It is one of the most important factors to know the oil thickness level, which can vary with temperature. You know to find the SAE weight to learn about this viscosity.
You can notice two numbers with W that represent winter. The last two numbers denote the usability level at a high temperature.
SAE 5W-20 is the perfect viscosity level under all temperature conditions. However, Ram 3500, Ram 2500, and other vehicles need SAE 5W-30.
You can read the manual to identify the best viscosity of your engine oil.
No Additional additives
There must not be additional additives used for the engine oil. In some cases, these additives may be detrimental to your engine parts.
The presence of additives can create a mess. You do not need to rely on additives when your engine is functioning smoothly.
Although your engine may have signs of deterioration, you can avoid using additives.
The most commonly chosen additives are corrosion inhibitors, anti-wear agents, conditioners, dispersants, and anti-foaming agents.
Oil API standards
The API-certified engine oil is the best choice for your vehicle. This oil will let your engine perform smoothly and protect your system from Low-Speed Pre-Ignition.
What is the standard oil pressure needed for a 5.7 Hemi engine?
The oil pressure must range from 25 to 65 psi. It is the standard range while the oil is warm. However, everything depends on the heaviness of the truck.
Full synthetic versus conventional- Which is the better oil for 5.7 Hemi?
Conventional oil protects the internal combustion engines of a vehicle. However, you cannot find the use of this oil in most modern engines.
This conventional oil is a refined crude oil taken out of the ground.
One of the cons of this oil is that it is not chemically stable, and thus, you can choose synthetic oil as an alternative. Conventional oil has impurities, like sulfur.
On the contrary, properly synthesized engine oil has a low impurity level. Although the price level is high, you will get a better value from it.
Are 5.7 Hemi engines long-lasting?
The engines will let you drive 250000 to 300000 miles. However, you must maintain it regularly with the best motor oil.
How will I change 5.7 Hemi oil?
There are a few steps to add new oil to your 5.7 Hemi engine. It would help if you had a socket, oil filter removal, oil drain pan, torque wrench, and a rag.
- Drain the oil by placing a pan underneath. Unlock the drain plug.
- Screw back the plug and take out the oil filter.
- Remove this filter and add fresh oil to fill your new filter.
- Clean the filter and the plug.
- Check your engine oil level and start the engine.
You can now find it easy to find the best oil for 5.7 Hemi. We have chosen synthetic oil, as it is better than regular oil. Take your engine performance to a different height with the right oil.