When we have a car we must always have the necessary equipment for us to do the minimum maintenance. Many times it happens that our car needs a change of tires to avoid an accident on the road, or even when we drive it may puncture one unexpectedly, and we cannot always take it to a garage, so what to do?
In case you have knowledge about car maintenance, it is always good to have your own kit of spare parts and tools to do the necessary maintenance in case you need it. For example, to change a tire we will need an extra tire, a hydraulic jack, and a wheel wrench. This time we will talk about the last tool.
- 1 What is the Best Lug Wrench?
- 2 Tips For Choosing the Best Lug Wrench
- 3 How Much Does a Lug Wrench Cost?
- 4 Where to Buy Lug Wrench?
- 5 How to Use a Lug Wrench?
- 6 Best Lug Wrench Brands
- 7 Advantages of using a lug wrench for your vehicle: what are its strong points?
What is the Best Lug Wrench?
What you see is a small comparative table with different models of Lug Wrenches where you are presented with some of their main features as well as some of their technical data. With this, you can see the differences that some of them have and why they are considered the Best Lug Wrenches nowadays. Next, let’s get to know each one.
This model is highly recommended because, although it is simple, it is known for its practicality in use, its design is ergonomic and it has a reversible system for wider use. It has a manual where it explains the type of work you can do and how to remove nuts in the correct way.
You will be able to choose this model in different sizes since the brand has elements between 22cm and 41cm. This particular model is made of chrome vanadium, a special type of steel, being accredited for its strength and durability. If you decide to buy this wrench, you can rest assured that you will not need to make another investment for a long time.
A model that belongs to the Goodyear brand and stands out for its good quality and resistant materials, preferred by professionals. Among the advantages, it has a non-slip coating, so it will be more comfortable to use and it is quite compact. Its handle is ergonomic so it does not generate annoying pressures.
This product can be found in different sizes and different nozzles so you can adapt it to your type of vehicle. It has a case that allows you to carry it easily and easily carry it in your suitcase to any trip, it includes an anti-rust coating to provide greater durability.
- With anti-slip coating. Measures: 17 mm. / 19 mm. / 22 mm. / 13, 16. "Always carry in your car this Good Year fixed cross wheel wrench of various sizes with non-slip PVC handle to avoid surprises.
Goodyear GOD4013 TELESCOPIC KEY
Goodyear is one of the best brands in auto body and auto parts, so tools and accessories for cars and motorcycles are also their specialties. A lug wrench from this brand is quite sought after simply because they have taken care of making excellent quality products, so let’s know a little about the Goodyear GOD4013 Wheel Wrench.
It contains a telescopic type Lug Wrench, with an extendable handle of 53 cm maximum as well as an ergonomic and non-slip grip for its use. It is compatible with 17 mm or 19 mm tires.
The wrench is made of carbon steel, while the materials of the ergonomic handle are PE for better grip and softness. The wrench exerts good pressure and easily loosens bolts. However, it is not as versatile as other models we have seen before.
- Brand: good year.
- Extendable handle up to 53 cm.
- Non-slip handle for a better grip.
- Measurements: 17mm/ 19mm.
- Made of carbon steel, handle made of carpet
Cartrend Unitec 10872
We’re just finishing up this tour of some of the best lug wrench models out there. But before we go, let’s talk about one last model, the Cartrend Unitec 10872, which is one of the most recommended in our selection. Continue and you’ll see why it’s one of the most recommended!
It can be said that what makes this faucet popular is the practicality it presents when it comes to being used. It presents a fairly simple yet comfortable and ergonomic design at the same time. Its reversible system allows better use. It includes a manual where you can see all the possibilities that this lug wrench can offer you.
It presents a variety of sizes from 17 to 19 mm and is effective for those wheels with bolts. You can choose different sizes of this model ranging from 22 cm to 41 cm. It is made of chrome vanadium, which makes it much stronger and durable.
Tips For Choosing the Best Lug Wrench
To know which lug wrench to buy, you should take into account some recommendations, such as the different models and characteristics of each one:
- Quality: If you do not know very well which lug wrench to choose, it is important that it is of good quality, so you guarantee long durability, and what time to use it you know that the tire nuts will be tightened to perfection and feel peace of mind.
- Size: If your life does not revolve around mechanics and you want to invest only once in this type of tool, it is advisable that it is larger in size, so you will not have to exert much force when using it, the large dimensions are usually more practical, as you save space in your trunk.
- Model: There are two types in the market, being the most common the fixed key, it is cross-shaped and ensures a good mechanism. On the other hand, in recent years the folding wrench has become more popular, it is easier to store and takes up less space, and is constant with an adjustable lever.
- Accessories: Although the tire iron is indispensable when changing a tire, it is not the only tool you will need. That’s why when you buy a serious one, you will receive the other accessories included, for faster results.
- Safety: You should always keep safety in mind when you are performing this type of task, so you should use the necessary tools, so you can get professional results without any kind of time.
How Much Does a Lug Wrench Cost?
So we already know about the models (with some extra alternatives) and about the main considerations to take into account when buying a wrench. Now, we must know how much we should count on to be able to acquire one of these. However, prices always vary, even those coming from the same brand.
Because of this, we are going to establish a base price of $30, which is what most of these products cost. The cheapest keys can be found with prices ranging from $8 to about $25. Meanwhile, the more expensive (and usually higher quality) ones can cost you from $45 and even more.
Where to Buy Lug Wrench?
We already know what to buy, how to buy and how much we could buy with, now is to know where. Surely you already have in mind some online stores that you think can help you buy some of these keys; however let me stop you at this time to continue reading a little about what I’m going to recommend regarding the purchase site.
Not all stores are going to offer you the same benefits in terms of price, service, or shipping. Prices will vary quite a bit from store to store, especially shipping. Many times they can add up to a lot of money for shipping depending on the area you live in, and that area may not even be available.
You probably know what Amazon is, one of the world’s leading online stores. With Amazon, you will always have the best deals and discounts on all the products you buy. In addition, the shipping surcharge is minimal or even none, regardless of the area of residence to which it is shipped. Shipping is also quite fast and secure.
On the other hand, on Amazon, you will have access to all kinds of detailed information about the product as well as its main technical data. You can check some ratings and reviews made by other buyers for more information, as well as you can ask any question about the product and it will be answered by other customers or the distributor of the product.
How to Use a Lug Wrench?
We have given you a lot of options for you to know how to choose your own lug wrench, now we recommend you some steps to make it easier for you to use it.
- Park in a safe place – The first thing you should do is to stop the car in a safe and comfortable place to perform this task, as it will be best that you are not in any danger.
- Identify the measurement – Take a look at your tire and identify the necessary measurements missing to loosen the nuts.
- Loosen the lug nuts – Use the lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts on the tire. Do this step before using the jack to lift the car, otherwise, it will not be possible to loosen them.
- Tighten the nuts – Once the tire has been replaced, but the nuts in place and turn them a couple of turns by hand, then use the wrench to finish tightening and secure the nuts in place.
Best Lug Wrench Brands
If you are looking for information on the best brands look no further, here are the best by far:
- Goodyear– This brand is one of the best for having the longest time on the market. Goodyear has spent years building products for cars and they are known for their good performance in all the products they offer.
- Allen– If you are thinking of getting an Allen lug wrench, you can be sure that you will have an excellent tool in your hands and you will not have any problem when using it since they are super simple.
- Silverline– Silverline is a manufacturer specialized in tools that have been in the market for several years, they offer a wide range of high-quality products and guarantee durability.
- Bahco– This international company offers good and affordable products, if you do not plan to invest a lot in this tool, Bahco is a very good option for you.
Advantages of using a lug wrench for your vehicle: what are its strong points?
The tire wrench is an instrument that makes your work easier when changing a tire. After acquiring it, you will be able to perform your tasks quickly and comfortably.
- Accuracy, you can be sure that the tire is perfectly adjusted.
- Versatility, you can use it in different tire sizes.
- Easy to use, you don’t need to be an expert to use it.
- Lightweight, you don’t have to worry about carrying it from one place to another, you don’t need to use a lot of force to move it.
Hi, I’m Liam. I’m the initiator and writer of this blog. Cars were and will be my first love, and my favorite hobby, that’s why I decided to start this blog and write about my discoveries and techniques to improve my cars or repair them.