Jeeps are fantastic vehicles that offer a ton of freedom and adventure. However, one thing that can be a drawback is their lack of protection from the natural elements.
That can be dangerous when driving in bad weather conditions or crossing rivers and streams. That’s where a Jeep soft top comes in.
According to the report of The Consumer Product Safety Commission, over 622 deaths and 14,500 injuries were caused by rollover accidents in SUVs in 2013. And a major contributing factor to these accidents is not having a roll bar or soft top.
Having a soft top is not only about style or comfort. It can also save your life in case of an accident. However, sometimes it can be hard to decide which Jeep soft top is right for you.
Because soft tops come in various styles and materials, it’s essential to know what you’re looking for before you make your purchase. That’s why in this article we have covered the 7 best jeep soft tops popular among jeep lovers.
Also, we have shared some benefits and installation tips with you to choose the best jeep soft tops for your Jeep. Without much further ado, let’s get started!
- 1 Types Of Soft Tops Available For Jeeps
- 2 Benefits Of Owning Jeep Soft Top
- 3 Buying Guide For Best Jeep Soft Top
- 4 7 Best Jeep Soft Top: Which One Fit For You?
- 4.1 1. Frameless Trail Top (1997-2006) Jeep Wrangler TJ By Rampage.
- 4.2 2. Replace-A-Top Sailcloth (1997-2002) Wrangler Soft Top By Bestop.
- 4.3 3. Vinyl (1997-2006) Replacement Jeep Soft Top By Sierra Offroad
- 4.4 4. Marine Grade Vinyl (2003-2006) Soft Top By Sierra Offroad
- 4.5 5. OE Style Tinted Windows (1997-2016) Soft Top By Smittybilt.
- 4.6 6. UV Rays Protected (2007-2018) Top By SPIDERWEBSHADE
- 4.7 7. Sunshade Bikini (1987-1995) Top Mesh Soft Top By TOAPCAYR
- 5 How To Care For And Maintain Your Soft Top Jeep
- 6 Wrap Up On 7 Best Soft Tops For Jeep
- 7 FAQ: 7 Best Jeep Soft Top Reviews
Types Of Soft Tops Available For Jeeps
When it comes to jeeps, there are various types of soft tops available on the market. Here is a look at some of the different soft tops available for jeeps.
Frame Soft Tops
These Jeep soft tops are designed to be used with a metal frame that’s already attached to your jeep. The advantage of these tops is that they’re effortless to take on and off, making them ideal for those who like to go off-roading frequently.
Because they don’t require any additional framing or supports, they’re also usually much lighter and easier to store than other types of soft tops.
Frameless Soft Tops
As the name suggests, frameless Jeep soft tops don’t require a frame to be used. Instead, they’re designed to fit directly onto your jeep, using a series of straps and clamps.
This makes them very easy to install and remove, which is ideal for those who want to put their top on and take it off quickly. However, because they don’t have a frame, they’re not as sturdy as frame soft tops and may provide less protection from the elements.
Benefits Of Owning Jeep Soft Top
One of the best things about owning a Jeep is to be able to take the top off and enjoy the open fresh air. Here are some benefits of owning a soft top.
- Customizable: You can find Jeep soft tops in various colors and materials, you can even customize your Jeep to match your style. But beyond that, you can also find a variety of different soft top styles. If you want a sunroof, there are models with sunroofs. There are also ones that come with side and rear windows.
- Save Money: Jeep soft tops are less expensive than hard tops, so you can save money by opting for a soft top. The heat-sealed with this high-quality material is really unimaginable and offers a wonderful driving experience.
- Easy To Install And Remove: Jeep soft tops are easy to install and remove. This means that you can enjoy the fresh air when you want and put the top back on when you need to. Soft tops come with zip-out windows. It only takes a few minutes to take the top off or put it back on.
- Provide Safety: Best jeep soft tops provide safety from the elements when driving. You do not have to worry about the wind or the rain getting in your Jeep. Because the top is soft, it also provides some protection from the sun.
Buying Guide For Best Jeep Soft Top
Jeep soft tops are one of the most popular and affordable ways to enjoy the fresh air while driving. If you’re thinking about purchasing a soft top, here’s what you need to know.
- Size: Jeep soft tops come in a variety of sizes. You’ll need to know the dimensions of your Jeep before you can purchase the correct size top.
- Material: Soft tops are typically made from either vinyl or cloth. Each material has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, vinyl is more durable and water-resistant than cloth, but it’s also more expensive. Cloth is less expensive and breathes better, but it’s not as durable as vinyl. Not all soft tops are created similarly, so be sure to read product descriptions carefully before purchasing.
- Price: Jeep soft tops vary in price, depending on the size, material, and features. Typically, vinyl tops are more expensive than cloth tops. Vinyl window tops tend to be the most expensive.
- Features: Some Jeep soft tops have special features, such as windows that zip out or roll down. These features can be handy, but they’ll also add to the cost of the top.
7 Best Jeep Soft Top: Which One Fit For You?
Jeep Soft Top is one of the most popular choices for Jeep owners, and there are many different types to choose from. Here is a list of the 7 best Soft Tops to help you choose the right one for your Jeep.
1. Frameless Trail Top (1997-2006) Jeep Wrangler TJ By Rampage.
- Jeep Soft Tops: Soft tops feature options of quality fabric with sewn seams using marine grade thread. Each seam is welded shut with durable heat seal tape to...
- Easy Install: Simply slip off your old Jeep soft top & replace with any Rampage soft top featuring reinforced stitching, marine grade thread on the heavy pull...
- Rampage Jeep Parts: Count on Rampage to provide you with proven Jeep parts & accessories like bumpers, interior accessories, steps, & more for varying Jeep...
The Rampage Frameless Trail Soft Top has all the features you want in a new top, including look and performance. This one-of-a-kind design gives your Jeep an updated look while maintaining the classic Jeep style.
Windows are secured by heavy-duty molded tooth zippers, which stay in place even while you’re going around the town or exploring nature’s beauty spots near home. Because heavy-duty zippers are used, you won’t have to worry about them coming undone and the windows falling out.
This innovative storage system allows for easy access via a single panel located at either end of the vehicle roofline, owing to these clever functions. With some easy-to-follow instructions, this top can be installed in minutes without drilling any holes.
All you need is just replace your old soft top with any Rampage soft top, which includes reinforced stitching, marine-grade thread on the heavy pull areas, and heavy-duty 30 mil windows.
However, keep in mind that this top is not designed for use with any hardtop or soft top. So sometime in the future, you might wish to replace your current top with this one. But for now, enjoy the stylish good looks and excellent performance of the frameless soft top.
- It is also available in different configurations.
- The weight of this jeep soft top is only 2 pounds.
- The installation process is very easy because it is frameless.
- This frameless soft top doesn’t have better quality.
2. Replace-A-Top Sailcloth (1997-2002) Wrangler Soft Top By Bestop.
- Replace-a-Top kits include soft top fabric, side and rear DOT-approved windows, plus upper door skins (where applicable)
- Replace-a-Top kits require your factory bows, frames, tailgate bar; no hardware is included in kit
- Built to factory original specs to ensure proper fit over your existing factory hardware
For 1997-2002 TJs, this soft top is ideal. Many people like the multi-ply sailcloth material because it doesn’t wrinkle much, and generates more insulation than normal fabric.
Soft top fabric, DOT approved windows, and upper door skins are all included in the kit. The top is easy to install and has been designed to OEM specs. It fits your Jeep’s existing fasteners. The material is strong, the fitment is flawless, and it doesn’t flap in the wind.
It stretches in all directions while you’re putting it on and taking it off, yet it remains taut when driving. The tinted windows also look excellent and are quite transparent. Even if a sailcloth material is more expensive, it will last much longer.
Traditional top cloth shows many more wrinkles and creases than the durable sailcloth fabric and is simpler to clean. To put it simply, a Bestop jeep soft is the best way to upgrade your old, worn-out factory soft top.
Bestop soft top fabrics are designed to keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. You could be missing out on a chance since it may retain water in the center front top region. It might also droop between the header and middle bow if you install it incorrectly.
- You will get a limited lifetime warranty for twill fabric.
- It also has a curve that aids in installing and provides a tight, trim fit.
- It is designed to meet or exceed original vehicle manufacturer standards.
- You may be charged for the replacement parts.
3. Vinyl (1997-2006) Replacement Jeep Soft Top By Sierra Offroad
- FACTORY QUALITY - At Sierra Offroad, we pride ourselves on offering top of the line, premium replacement Jeep soft tops featuring our signature Sierra Offroad...
- UV RESISTANT VINYL - Our Jeep Wrangler TJ soft top features a durable, heavy-duty marine grade vinyl made from premium composite. This 2-ply Denim vinyl is the...
- WATER & LEAK RESISTANT - Woven, 2-ply vinyl composite is heat sealed at the seams and major fabric connection points to prevent water or potential leaks from...
Sierra Offroad has been around since 1997 and is one of the most trusted names in aftermarket Jeep parts and accessories. They offer a wide range of products for Jeeps of all years and models, including this vinyl replacement soft tops.
This top is made from heavy-duty vinyl that can withstand all the elements, and it comes with clear windows for optimal visibility. It’s easy to install and comes with all the necessary hardware. Plus, it’s backed by Sierra Offroad which holds a reputation for quality and durability.
Even if you put it on and take it off frequently, the top is quite sturdy and long-lasting. They are created to fit exactly the OEM frame of a TJ. Replacement tops from Sierra Offroad are a great way to get around this and still have that aftermarket look.
Most Aftermarket producers provide a one-size-fits-all solution for 1997 to 2006 Wranglers, making it simpler for the distributor network while sacrificing comfort. The major drawback of this design is that it may be a little constricting in the corners when installed.
Furthermore, the windows tend to cloud over time. However, these problems can be remedied with a bit of careful installation and maintenance. On the whole, this is a great product that is built to last.
- It has all heat-sealed seams. These serve to prevent leakage.
- Provides wick stop thread color matching wick stop thread to seal the stitching holes.
- You also get 3 years warranty on this soft top.
- After using it for 1, 2 years, the side and rear windows become cloudy, which is difficult to clean.
4. Marine Grade Vinyl (2003-2006) Soft Top By Sierra Offroad
- Features DOT approved windows, oversized zippers, and factory-spec velcro, thread, webbing, and door seals
- Does not include hardware. Requires OEM original or original style soft top frame.
- Heavy duty, self-correcting zippers for smooth operation
Marine-grade vinyl is a type of vinyl that is specifically designed to be used in applications where it will be exposed to moisture or saltwater. Sierra Offroad’s marine-grade material soft top is a great choice for those who want a durable and long-lasting top for their Jeep Wrangler.
Available in orchid and ice blue, the Sierra Offroad convertible top cover is a unique take on the classic style. Rather than following the mold of tradition, this variant goes against it by offering custom patterns suited to each vehicle’s original manufacture year.
With the help of GAHH Automotive, Sierra is able to offer this extra-strong marine-grade vinyl top for the jeeps. It is the first time this specific high-quality soft material has been used in a Jeep Wrangler soft top application.
That is why the zippers on Jeep soft tops are self-correcting and heavy-duty, making them very easy to use. They’re made to fit or exceed factory-original standards for a good fit and longest life. All of the seams have been heat-sealed to avoid leaks.
So, if you are looking for a good-quality, well-made, and durable Jeep Wrangler soft top, then the Sierra Offroad marine-grade vinyl top is a great option.
- It is made of ultraviolet rays-resistant polyester thread.
- This jeep is soft top waterproof, and good for the rainy season.
- It has self-correcting zippers, which work very smoothly.
- It is made of very thin material, similar to paper or canvas in appearance.
5. OE Style Tinted Windows (1997-2016) Soft Top By Smittybilt.
- Complete OE replacement, seams are heat sealed to prevent leaking, wick stop threads seals the stitch holes, no other manufacturer uses this quality thread
- Fits original factory OE hardware or framework
- Includes front upper replacement door skins, side windows and rear window will completely zip out when needed for full ventilation
Tinted windows have had a film applied to them to darken the glass. This is typically done to protect privacy or aesthetic reasons. Smittybilt’s OE Style Tinted Windows are designed to give your Jeep Wrangler JK a unique look that will set it apart from the rest.
Jeep Wrangler models come with factory tinted windows, but there are also aftermarket options. Tinted windows can be a great way to customize your Jeep.
Also, this is made to be a whole OE replacement for your damaged or worn soft top. The top is made of marine-grade, durable vinyl-coated fabric. That means it will be able to withstand the harsh weather conditions and keep your Jeep looking good for years to come.
Its color is black diamond, and it has a tinted finish. Because it’s a soft top, it will be much quieter than a hard top.
It’s also available in twin sizes. This is one of the best twin heating pads for back pain because of its temperature regulation and consistent heat distribution. It has anti-slip rubber ridges on both sides to keep it from moving during treatment.
The top is made of a multilayer press textured marine-grade fabric that is mildew resistant and UV treated. It also has a DOT-compliant windshield channel. Additionally, the windows are made of 31% VLT tinted vinyl. This is a great way to add privacy and style to your Jeep Wrangler JK.
- It has self-correcting zippers, and these zippers are smooth and last for a long time.
- This includes front upper replacement door skin, side windows, and rear windows.
- You will find these in different colors and designs.
- It is not water resistant. That can cause problems for you.
6. UV Rays Protected (2007-2018) Top By SPIDERWEBSHADE
- BLOCKS UP TO 90% of the sun's harmful UV rays to protect passengers and your interior
- ORIGINAL UNIQUE DESIGN REDUCES WIND NOISE drastically and PROVIDES MAXIMUM HEADROOM that smoothly diverts wind OVER the sound bar and OUT of the cabin
- UNIVERSAL FIT for all for all 4-door Wranglers (2007-2018) with NO HEADER NEEDED or additional hardware to install while keeping full functionality of factory...
UV Rays are a type of radiation that is emitted from the sun. They can cause skin cancer, sunburn, and other damage to the skin.
Ultraviolet rays are also a type of electromagnetic radiation, which means they are waves of energy that travel through the air and can be absorbed by living things. That’s why jeep soft top spiderweb shade offers UV protection.
This wind deflector’s design is specifically built to provide maximum headroom while reducing wind noise substantially. The sound bar is directed smoothly across the wind, away from the vehicle, which gives for a considerably better driving experience.
Not to mention that you’ll be able to hear your music much clearer without any of the wind noise. Jeep Wranglers are popular off-road vehicles, but the open-air design exposes them to the weather.
The Sunshine Shades Jeep Wrangler Mesh Top is the ideal option for individuals seeking protection from the sun and other potential perils. The mesh top is designed to fit all 4-door Jeep Wagons (2007-2018).
Installation of the top is simple since it doesn’t require a header or any additional hardware. Because it fits seamlessly over the factory hardware top, it’s also a convenient and practical choice for Jeep Wrangler owners.
- It provides you safety by blocking up to 90% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
- This soft top also acts as a weather-resistant one.
- It is available in many colors and designs. You can select any color matching your Jeep.
- When the jeep is accelerated on the highway, it starts making noise.
7. Sunshade Bikini (1987-1995) Top Mesh Soft Top By TOAPCAYR
- The best investment in history: You may live in Florida, Texas..., under direct sunlight close to 90 degrees, even if the top and windows are opened and opened...
- Necessary accessories for Jeep: For your Jeep wrangler Rubicon Sahara Sport Sport-S , It’s a fantastic accessory. It fit Jeep wrangler TJ 2 door 1996 1997...
- Incomparable quality: The Jeep bikini top is handmade from strong polyvinyl chloride mesh material and will not be easily torn; the buttonhole is made of...
TOAPCAYR is an Australian company specializing in sunshade clothing, including the top mesh soft top bikini mentioned in the content above. The company was founded in 1987 and continued to produce swimwear until 1995 when an American company bought it out.
The top mesh soft top bikini was one of the company’s most popular items and was made from a lightweight mesh material that allowed for excellent sun protection.
It is a jeep soft top bikini designed to provide maximum sun protection while still being comfortable to wear. The top mesh soft top bikini is available in various colors and sizes.
The Jeep bikini top is constructed from strong polyvinyl chloride mesh and is not likely to tear. The buttonhole is painted copper, which is also durable and non-toxic.
There will be no flapping noise while driving at a speed of 60 mph or more, but the wind and wind noise has been reduced. 12 high-elastic bungee ball ropes are extremely stretchable and do not make any flapping noises when driving at 60 mph or greater.
All of these are packed in a beautiful drawstring mesh bag. The design and quality of the Jeep bikini top are incomparable. You can be confident that you are getting a top that will withstand any off-roading adventures you may take it on.
- It is very easy to install, and install it in 20 minutes.
- The Jeep TJ Soft Top is made from premium fabric mesh, which will last for a long time.
- It traps the heat on the roof of the jeep and provides shade.
- A few find the quality of the fabric faulty.
How To Care For And Maintain Your Soft Top Jeep
If you own a Jeep with a soft top, then you know that special precautions are to be taken to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips on how to care for and maintain your soft top Jeep:
- When not in use, always store your Jeep in a covered area, such as a garage. This will help protect the soft top from ultraviolet rays and other elements that can cause damage.
- When cleaning your Jeep, use a mild soap and water solution. Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners as they can damage the soft top.
- Inspect the soft top regularly for any signs of wear or damage. If you notice any tears or cracks, be sure to have them repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- When putting the soft top up or down, follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. This will help prevent damage to the top of the frame of your Jeep.
- Many jeep owners choose to invest in a soft-top cover. This can help protect the top when it is not in use and make it easier to clean.
Wrap Up On 7 Best Soft Tops For Jeep
Jeep soft tops are a great way to enjoy the ride in the open air, feeling the fresh breeze touching your face while driving. There are different soft tops available for Jeeps that offer madrid of benefits.
Owning soft-top means protection from the harsh weather such as hot sun, rain, extreme cold, and heavy wind, with security, style, and comfort. These soft tops also act as weather-resistant but here it is important to select the best soft top that fits your needs to experience the best.
Our buying guide can help you make the right decision. We have provided a list of the 7 best soft tops available on the market that may charge a few dollars more but offer various benefits. Here it is important to note that all the jeep wrangler unlimited models are one of the best jeep soft tops.
Because whether you are living in a rough country, or on busy roads, you can easily install it in your jeep. However, a rough country is usually very tough to handle and also difficult to drive around too. But these premium grade fabric soft tops will save you and help make your drive a comfortable one.
If you have any questions or need help installing or caring for your soft top, you can comment below or mail us. We will try our best to solve your problem and offer the best possible solution.
FAQ: 7 Best Jeep Soft Top Reviews
If you have read this article properly, you can easily select the best soft top without any hassle. But we understand many of us still have several questions in our minds here are a few frequently asked questions.
Q1. How long can you have your Jeep soft top?
Ans: Jeep soft top can last for a long time. It stays in great shape and provides good protection from harsh weather.
Q2. How easy is it to put on and take off?
Ans: The soft top is very easy to put on and take off. It takes less than 5 minutes to do so. Because of its easy installation, you can take it off when you want to enjoy the open air and put it back on when you need protection from the harsh weather conditions.
Q3. How often do you use your soft top?
Ans: You can use the Jeep soft top all year round. In the winter, it protects you from the cold, and in the summer, it protects you from the sun and the rain. But, do take it off more often in the summer to enjoy the fresh air.