It is a pleasure to ride your bike, and one of the problems arises when you start to feel uncomfortable, or when you no longer have the degree of comfort you are used to; this is one of the worst feelings that can occur when riding.
On the other hand, if you have the right Harley touring seats, you can customize your ride.
If you’ve had your Harley for a while, you know how uncomfortable factory seats can be over long distances.
Fortunately, there are many options for replacing the original Harley Davidson seat with an aftermarket touring seat.
So what is the best Harley touring seat available today? In this article, we will show you the best Harley touring seats based on their quality, cost, and, most importantly, comfort when riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
- 1 Most Comfortable Harley Touring Seats
- 1.1 1. Mustang One-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Seat 75535
- 1.2 2. Le Pera Aviator Smooth Solo Seat LK-017
- 1.3 3. Skwoosh Classic Seat
- 1.4 4. Mustang 76145 Fastback
- 1.5 5. INNOGLOW Motorcycle Driver
- 1.6 6. XFMT New Hammock Rider
- 1.7 7. TCMT Motorcycle Hammock Rider Passenger Seat
- 1.8 8. Desert Rider Passenger Seat
- 2 What to Look For When Buying an Aftermarket Seat
- 3 FAQs
- 3.1 Why Does My Bum Hurt After Riding a Motorcycle?
- 3.2 How Can I Make My Seat More Comfortable?
- 3.3 If I order a leather seat, does that mean the entire seat is leather?
- 3.4 Which material is better, gel or foam cushions?
- 3.5 What is the good and bad side of different cover materials?
- 3.6 What happens to my saddle if it gets wet?
- 3.7 Can I modify a saddle to fit me?
- 4 Conclusion
Most Comfortable Harley Touring Seats
In this article, we have tried to put everything together to offer Harley the best touring seat possible.
Without further ado, let’s get straight to the Harley Davidson seats that we think will be the best fit for you and your needs.
1. Mustang One-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Seat 75535
Mustang is one of several highly recommended seat saddle manufacturers. They come in a variety of designs. It is inspired by the originality, spaciousness, and simplicity of the first travel seat, which features a 16.5-inch front bucket with full skirt and piping and a 16.5-inch rear bucket with piping.
The idea includes multiple layers of rubber, padding, and fabric that are stitched together to provide a durable and reliable riding experience.
- Features a wide driver seat that is deeply pocketed and provides ample back support
2. Le Pera Aviator Smooth Solo Seat LK-017
This is the ideal masterpiece, a handmade leather seat from La Pera. Their Aviator model has a 13-inch half-height seat with a 5-inch backrest.
Each seat is constructed from specially chosen fabrics, and the comfortable leather is stretched over the clever foam covering the steel frame.
- Design fills the gap between the Montery solo touring seat and the Bare Bones thin low seat
3. Skwoosh Classic Seat
Due to the presence of a seat cushion, this aftermarket travel seat is unusual among aftermarket chairs.
The seat is made of gel, which provides a feeling of comfort both during and after each trip. The item is handcrafted from premium materials and components;
The SKWOOSH design incorporates a hybrid blend of cushioning pads and gel packing, resulting in consistent and enjoyable performance in all conditions and states.
- Shape and thickness designed for stock and reduced reach seats. Pad won't change distance to pegs and lower controls
- Maintains ergonomic design of any seat. Breathable AirFlo mesh fabric for a cooler ride
- Air channel design directs airflow where it's needed most. Lightweight gel relieves pressure on "sitz" bones
4. Mustang 76145 Fastback
Although this seat appears to be expensive, it is not. The price is very inexpensive compared to the work it does.
This unique travel seat has a truly elegant and custom look. It has thick walls that contribute substantially to its excellent back support. The overall look of the seat will impact your riding style.
- Offers super clean, custom style with a high-rising wall that offers excellent back support
- Cut low to place the rider slightly lower and further back compared to stock
- Tapered passenger section provides a streamlined look
5. INNOGLOW Motorcycle Driver
The INNOGLOW motorcycle rider seat and rear passenger seat are ideal. First of all, the unit has aroused people’s curiosity due to its architecture.
The elegant diamond white stitching pattern is the best feature of the passenger seat.
The construction of the seat is excellent, and the content is of good level. The foam cushions offer more insulation for a more relaxed riding experience.
- Integrated Design:Two-up designed seat offers a fashionable style,one-piece molded foam cushion for a comfortable ride feeling
- High Quality:Steel mounting brackets in the nose and tail,ABS injection mounding made seat pan
- Easy to Install:One-piece cushion for quick installation
6. XFMT New Hammock Rider
A must-have for recreational and occasional cyclists, the XFMT seat is made of high-quality materials. It is not only functional for your bike but also distinctive in several aspects.
It is equipped with an integrated suspension system. This design is ideal for any cyclist who wants to protect the back of the passenger and rider at the same time.
It is intended to protect the back from the stresses of rough roads and other obstacles.
This seat is not customized or custom-made, but it is sufficient to provide better service to customers.
Suitable for people of different heights, this seat can be used comfortably.
- Aftermarket 100% Brand New
- Material: Synthetic leather + Foam + Iron + PP Plastic
- The Bucket Seat features in integrated suspension system that protects the rider and passenger's tailbone from harsh road impacts
7. TCMT Motorcycle Hammock Rider Passenger Seat
Motorcycle passenger seats, such as the TCMT motorcycle seat, are advantageous to riders in many ways.
This type of passenger seat is a fantastic example of good value for money. The sleek and cool look of the device is attributed to its sturdy construction.
Rubber is used to construct the frame, which accounts for its lightweight. It does not require the use of cushioning materials to provide comfort.
You will not be disappointed with the purchase of this seat. It is a great option for those looking for low-cost aesthetics.
- Aftermarket 100% Brand New;This series of seats are specially designed for Electra Glide style, it can also install on Street Glide, but we recommend you to buy...
- Main Color: Black+Orange; Material: PU Synthetic leather + Foam + Iron + PP Plastic
- The Seat features in integrated suspension system that protects the rider and passenger's tailbone from harsh road impacts
8. Desert Rider Passenger Seat
This must-have component provides great functionality as well as a more concise interface, making it a must-have.
Customers will appreciate the convenience of the system, which is especially suitable for long-distance travel. It is composed of synthetic leather and foam to keep warmth in.
An integrated suspension system is usually found in such a seat, as is the case with this one. Passengers’ buttocks are protected from various traffic incidents thanks to their suspension.
- 1x Seat (As Picture Shown)
- Fits '14-later Touring and Tri Glide models
- Material：Synthetic Leather+Foam+Iron+PP Plastic
What to Look For When Buying an Aftermarket Seat
Consider your reasons for buying a new Harley touring seat before making your purchase.
This will help you make the best decision when it comes to buying a touring motorcycle seat.
There are a few things to consider before making your purchase.
Premium grade material.
Some people are willing to sacrifice efficiency for the sake of getting a low-cost motorcycle seat. It is important to remember that consistency is key.
The base of some touring seats is plastic, depending on the manufacturer.
The final product is prone to degradation once manufactured. When traveling long distances, poor-quality materials can be unpleasant, especially when worn.
Most consumers choose vinyl because it has a leather-like appearance. It is also cheaper than leather.
In addition, you can be sure that the seat is waterproof. The seat cover is likely to come in handy when it rains.
Before making the purchase, the customer should make sure that the stroller seat is comfortable for him.
A bad seat can cause hip and back discomfort, especially when driving on bumpy roads. No one wants their trip to be more difficult than it already is.
The travel seat has been designed to be more comfortable than the previous model. Therefore, the size of the travel seat is very important.
Generally, the driver’s seat is somewhat larger than the passenger seat in most vehicles.
If you want to buy this type of seat because it suits your driving style, keep this size in mind.
Backrests and armrests
The rest of the time, it seems that the ride is difficult to endure. It has also been linked to back fatigue in certain cases.
You may need to rest and relax during the ride if you are a passenger. In this case, you can relax while traveling to your destination thanks to the backrest.
Why Does My Bum Hurt After Riding a Motorcycle?
When a low-quality travel seat is used for a prolonged period, it causes damage to your back, as it does not provide adequate quality and comfort to compensate for these impacts.
As a result, your bum will be sore as a consequence of its use.
How Can I Make My Seat More Comfortable?
You can make your seat more comfortable by selecting a high-quality, properly sized seat.
Although riding a bike with the handlebars set farther back provides a little more back support, it adds two centimeters to the overall length of the machine.
Choose a seat for your bike that offers larger and wider seating spaces, as well as softer seats, if you want to get the most out of your riding experience.
If I order a leather seat, does that mean the entire seat is leather?
Buying a leather travel chair guarantees you contact with most seats. Leather is used to construct most chairs that are used for long periods.
The seat is kept taut and not stretched by many manufacturers who use vinyl for this.
Using vinyl in this manner will ensure that the seat will remain in high demand for a long period.
Which material is better, gel or foam cushions?
The gel is a safer option if you don’t want a substance that compacts quickly. Gel moves easily, but foam does not.
Although it can withstand shock, the absorption process of foam is special.
It is a relaxed material, providing assistance in case it is needed during the day. High-quality foam, on the other hand, is the ideal material.
What is the good and bad side of different cover materials?
When it comes to covering car seats, vinyl is the most commonly used material. It is waterproof and durable.
Leather is the ideal material for long-distance drivers’ seats, as it is durable and comfortable.
This natural substance is suitable for aiding the body’s respiratory function.
What happens to my saddle if it gets wet?
You have no excuse for alarm if you hear water splashing on your seat. You will not be affected by water. Most of the seats mentioned above are waterproof and durable.
However, this does not mean that water cannot reach your seat. Water could seep through the cover seams.
When water gets into your saddle, squeeze it out with just enough force. Then let it dry in the sun for a while.
If you live in an area where it rains often, I recommend that you buy a saddle-shaped rain cover.
Can I modify a saddle to fit me?
Yes, however, most saddle designs will fit almost any saddle shape. To avoid complications, provide the salesperson with your height, your bottom end, and your weight.
This knowledge will help them decide which option is best for them.
If you plan to make any changes, make sure you have tested the saddle and know exactly what you are going to do.
I hope this article has helped you decide on the most comfortable Harley touring seat for you and your motorcycle. All will be well if you follow some of the guidelines.