There are many approaches to improving a vehicle’s performance, some of which are simpler to install and less expensive, while others are more complicated and costly.
A cold-air intake is one of the most cost-effective modifications you can make to your 5.7 Hemi engine, and it can help generate more power.
We’ve tried to include all the pertinent information about these cold air intakes in one post.
So, stick with it, and we’ll see you through to the end to get the best cold air intake for 5.7 Hemi Charger.
- 1 Best Cold Air Intake for 5.7 Hemi Charger
- 1.1 1. K&N’s Air Charger 63-1114
- 1.2 2. Mopar 77070044AC Cold Air Intake
- 1.3 3. Airaid 351-210 Intake System
- 1.4 4. S&B Filters 75-5106 Cold Air Intake
- 1.5 5. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit 6902526TP
- 1.6 6. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit
- 1.7 7. Mopar 2011-2013 Dodge Challenger
- 1.8 11. aFe’s 54-72102 Momentum GT Cold Air Intake
- 2 Benefits of Upgrading Your Cold Air Intake
- 3 Buying Guide for 5.7 Hemi Charger Cold Air Intake
- 4 Final Thoughts
Best Cold Air Intake for 5.7 Hemi Charger
Cold temperatures and icy winds put vehicles like the Dodge Ram 1500 to the test every winter, causing components like the engine’s cold air intake to break down.
A persistent check engine light may be the first indication of trouble. If airflow through the intake is interrupted for an extended period of time, power and fuel economy can suffer.
Increased and cleaner airflow to your combustion chambers is one method of getting the most out of the renowned HEMI engine. Here’s a quick list of the best cold air intakes for the 5.7 Hemi Charger.
1. K&N’s Air Charger 63-1114
The Cold Air 63-1114 is the proper K&N 63 cold air intake for the Dodge Ram 1500. This air intake is one of the best we have found for the 5.7L HEMI engine, especially for the extra power that comes with a larger airflow station and filter.
The air charger does a few things to improve the engine’s air supply. This prevents the air supply from overheating and interfering with the air/fuel combination.
- ULTIMATE LONGEVITY: 10-Year/Million Mile Limited Warranty protects for the life of your vehicle.
- GUARANTEED INCREASE IN HORSEPOWER: Dyno-tested with up to 50% more airflow than restrictive factory box air filter and intake tube
- BETTER TOWING: Improves acceleration and uphill performance when towing by improving throttle response.
2. Mopar 77070044AC Cold Air Intake
When it comes to boosting power, quick throttle response is essential. With this best cold air intake for dodge ram hemi, you can be sure that your vehicle’s throttle response will be improved.
The system then focuses heavily on ease of use. This translates to the ability to clean the filters, which helps save time and money.
In addition, it is able to generate less waste, which is beneficial to the environment.
- This bolt-on system is designed to allow cooler outside air in through a directional cone filter and funnel it directly into the intake manifold
- This kit provides noticeable horsepower and torque gains under varying atmospheric conditions
- Includes blue filter and Mopar logo on intake tube
3. Airaid 351-210 Intake System
The advantages provided by the Airaid 351-210 air intake system are very typical in nature.
Like the other air intake systems mentioned above, it is intended to improve the performance of your vehicle’s engine.
The system, like the others, has been dyno tested and computer-designed to ensure that your engine receives as much airflow as possible.
With this in mind, it is reasonable to anticipate that it will provide your car’s engine with more power.
- INCREASES HORESPOWER: AIRAID performance air intake systems feature an aerodynamically-engineered intake tube, designed to accelerate airflow to your engine and...
- SUPERIOR FILTRATION: AIRAID performance intake systems are engineered to provide a smooth, unimpeded path for airflow to your engine—keeping the air cooler...
- EASY INSTALL: These simple-to-install, sophisticated systems help maintain proper air-to-fuel ratios, thereby eliminating the need for recalibration after...
4. S&B Filters 75-5106 Cold Air Intake
For a 5.7 Hemi in a Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, or 3500 classic body style, this cleanable and oiled air filter from S&B is one of the best choices available among the air filters I recommend.
Compared to competitors, the high-quality silicone air filter provides far superior performance and sound.
The silicone material has a high degree of shatter resistance, allowing it to hold up over a long period of time.
It comes with a unique housing that protects the filter from the heat generated by the engine.
- 41.28% More Airflow & 99.30% Efficiency Rating. Tested To The Internationally Accepted ISO 5011 Standard
- Designed To Avoid Check Engine Lights
- Premium Silicone Parts Last Longer And Look Better
5. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit 6902526TP
K&N cold air intakes have always been the best on the market, and this hasn’t changed since the beginning.
One of the best cold air intakes for the Charger 5.7 Hemi can be found with this product.
As for gas mileage, you can see the best method to get more gas mileage in the coming days. This can also help you save money on gas by reducing your gas usage.
There is a large gap between the cold air intake filter box and the rest of the system. In this type of situation, you may need some additional equipment.
For beginners, the instructions are both complicated and short.
- BETTER TOWING: Improves acceleration and uphill performance when towing by improving throttle response.
- IMPROVED ENGINE SOUND: Hear the power under the hood.
- WORLD CLASS PROTECTION: Pushing the limits of engine protection by protecting your engine from harmful contaminants
6. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit
When compared to the Air Charger, this intake provides performance improvements that are comparable.
Most notably, it comes with a polished aluminum composite housing, which is more robust in high-heat conditions such as those found under the hood of a work truck like the Ram 1500, as opposed to other materials.
It comes with the same large, chrome-plated filter that can withstand up to 100,000 cycles before clogging.
- Estimated horsepower gain of 21.09 HP at 5216 RPM
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Lasts up to 100,000 miles before service is required (depending on driving conditions)
7. Mopar 2011-2013 Dodge Challenger
The eye is instantly drawn to the distinctive look of this cold air intake system….. Again, increased acceleration and power are provided by the air intake.
Because of this, you will have an easier time driving the trailer as well. The sound coming out of the engine hood indicates the presence of power.
According to the Dodge Charger cold air intake evaluations, the air filters are the most convenient for routine maintenance and cleaning.
It also offers the best possible protection against dirt and other contaminants.
11. aFe’s 54-72102 Momentum GT Cold Air Intake
If you’re searching for the most innovative cold air intake on the current market, aFe’s 54-72102 Momentum GT version is the top-performing aftermarket ingestion we can find.
The most striking points of the intake layout would be the innovative washable, five-layer filter and the quantity of horsepower benefit it could provide.
The performance advantages that are possible with this ingestion are frequently as far as 14 horsepower or even 19 pound-feet of torque in high RPMs.
They also supply the ingestion with their Guru 5R air filter, which uses five layers of progressively finer substance to prevent the tiniest particles of dust. The filter employs oiled cotton meshes, making it pliable using a soapy-water wash.
In case you’ve got the budget for this particular high-quality cold air intake update, we would recommend it for Dodge Ram 1500 owners that wish to find every ounce of horsepower potential in the 5.7L HEMI engine.
- Outflows the factory intake by up to 23% . Produces an additional 14 horsepower and 19 lbs. x ft. torque
- 5-Layer progressively finer oiled, washable cotton gauze media allows maximum airflow for maximum power
- One-piece sealed housing with auxiliary air scoop
Benefits of Upgrading Your Cold Air Intake
You could be surprised if you study cold air intakes to detect exactly how significant air is in your life and the functioning of a motor.
Below are a couple of the advantages of upgrading to aftermarket air consumption.
An air intake with increased airflow may provide the HEMI the oxygen it needs to maximize its horsepower.
Better fuel market
Better air circulation may also boost the fuel economy of a diesel engine by helping to burn all of the fuel that enters the combustion chambers. The outcome is much more miles driven for each and every gallon.
Decreased engine upkeep
Aftermarket air intakes frequently replace the mill intake filters using higher performance products which may go longer before you will need to replace them. Higher quality filters prevent contaminants from getting into the engine.
Quicker throttle response
Airflow also impacts how responsive the motor is to the accelerator. A limited air intake or obstructed intake filter may produce the engine look sluggish once you want to accelerate fast.
Buying Guide for 5.7 Hemi Charger Cold Air Intake
In order to purchase a cold air intake for a Hemi 5.7 Charger, the first thing to consider is the size of the intake.
If the size of this cold air intake does not match the size of your Hemi 5.7 Charger, the cold air intake becomes ineffective.
Air Intake Filter
When purchasing a cold air intake for your Hemi 5.7, the next thing you should look for is a filter that is of high quality and efficient. In the event that you choose a filter that is not washable, you will not be able to use it.
It is more cost-effective to use filters that are reusable and washable.
Air Intake Housing
The intake housing is shaped and sized to channel air to the HEMI engine. The total amount of air that can be delivered is influenced by the volume of air the housing can hold, as well as the straightness of the housing.
The heat shield is also essential because it prevents cold air from getting too hot when driving.
Most of the time, you may discover a heat shield installed under the hood for the OE air intake system.
In that case, you can stop looking for this option. However, if your car does not have a heat shield, it is preferable to look for an air intake system that includes a heat shield.
For those wondering which of the above options is the best cold air intake for 5.7 Hemi Charger, there is no contest.
The K&N 63-1114 cold-air intake kit includes the filter, tubing, and thermal barrier, as well as installation instructions. Other cars, such as those listed below, are also suitable candidates.