Are you looking for the best battery for 6.7 Cummins? A 6.7L Cummins is one of the heavy-duty engines found in pickup trucks, and it turns out 400hp with 1000 pound-feet of torque. The engine is integrated with different parts, like pumps and lights.
That is why you need a high-quality battery with a large reserve capacity, cold-cranking amps, and other advanced technical features. It may not be easy for you to buy the most hardwearing battery for the 6.7L Cummins engine. However, our genuine review of the most reliable products will let you find the best one.
|Batteries||Reserve Capacity||Cold-cranking amps|
|Odyssey Battery 94R-850||150 minutes||850 Amps|
|ACDelco 94RAGM||140 minutes||850 Amps|
|Delphi BU9094R MaxStart||140 minutes.||800 Amps|
|Optima Batteries 8020 164 35||90 minutes||720 Amps,|
|Deka 9A34 AGM Intimidator Battery||120 minutes||750 Amps|
Best Battery For 6.7 Cummins Diesel Engine
1. Odyssey Battery 94R-850 (Best for high reserve capacity)
Odyssey has designed high-performance lead-acid batteries that can manage the accessory-laden diesel engine.
- Cranking amps– The Pulse-hot cranking Amps of this battery are about 1500, while cold-cranking amps are 850. Due to this high cold-cranking amp capacity, you will find a quick startup.
- Reserve capacity– The Battery 94R-850 comes with a reserve capacity of about 150 minutes.
- Other features– Manufacturers have claimed that this battery provides you with a 70% longer cycle than conventional batteries. You can mount the battery in any position. Moreover, the battery can be 100% recharged within 4 to 6 hours.
- Fast charge technology
- Vibration resistant
- Low maintenance needs
- Customer service is not good.
You can buy this battery for its highly advanced spill-proof designs. It has the capability of holding an open circuit for two years. The self-discharge rate is also low, and you may use the battery for long hours.
2. ACDelco 94RAGM (Best for long lifespan)
ACDelco has designed a high-quality battery with Silver Calcium stamped alloy. Lasting battery life and incomparable performance are other reasons why you can choose ACDelco 94RAGM.
- Reserve capacity– The reserve capacity of the battery is around 140 minutes, and it is standard for most the reliable batteries
- Cranking amps– While the cranking amp is about 1020, the cold cranking amp is 850A.
- Other features– The battery plates always have consistent pressure, and thus, there is a reduced loss of active mass from the grid. Manufacturers have used high-density negative paste for a longer lifespan. There is also a vent cap ensuring no acid leakage.
- Low resistance
- High conductivity
- Long lifespan.
- No corrosion-resistant design
We have chosen this battery for its highly leak-resistant design. Moreover, better acid circulation is one of the advantageous features of this battery.
3. Delphi BU9094R MaxStart (Best for heavy-duty construction)
Delphi has designed a high-quality, heavy-duty battery for the 6.7L Cummins engine used in modern pickup trucks. Most of the users have found consistent performance without a risk of failure.
- Reserve capacity– The battery has a reserve capacity of about 140 minutes.
- Cranking amps– Due to the high cold cranking amps (800 CCA), you can ignite your engine at a high temperature. The CCA denotes the capability of your battery to manage your automobile’s electrical needs regardless of usage.
- Other features– The robust battery has a vibration-resistant design. There is no risk of electrolyte spillage. Moreover, due to the leakage-proof model, your battery does not need maintenance.
- No leak
- Rust resistant
- No risk while driving vehicles on hilly terrains
- Slightly smaller in size
We have found this battery better than conventional ones. Highly fortified welds and flawless designs are some other features of this reliable battery.
4. Optima Batteries 8020 164 35 (Best for affordable pricing)
With a long lifespan, this battery is more advanced compared to standard car batteries. Although it is a cold chilly day, it performs best for your engine. You can start your car without any issues.
- Reserve capacity– The lead-acid battery has a reserve capacity of about 90 minutes which ensures consistent performance.
- Cold cramping amps– Optima Redtop 8020 works with a CCA of about 720 amps, and thus, you will get a good starting power.
- Other features– The AGM lead-acid battery has a reliable design with a high power rate in short bursts. It is a spill-proof battery, and you will have no risk from acid.
- 6-pack cell design
- Faster recharging
- Retain performance in cold weather conditions
- Not for marine applications
The vibration-resistant durable design is one of the major reasons for choosing the battery. We have found the top-notch performance of this battery.
5. Deka 9A34 AGM Intimidator Battery (Best for marine applications)
We have chosen a deep cycling battery that works with your 6.7L Cummins engine. The electrolyte suspension system present in the battery is highly advanced. Glass mats used for the battery help in electrolyte absorption.
- Reserve capacity– The battery has a reserve capacity of about 120 minutes.
- Cold-cranking amps– Deka battery is capable of producing CCA of around 750 amps. The dual-purpose battery is perfect for deep cycle and starting applications.
- Other features– Calcium-reinforced grids have created a tightly packed design. Moreover, the Deka battery is spill-proof, and you can recharge it within a short time.
- Designed for off-road and marine applications
- Vibration resistant
- Problem with the setup
We have chosen it as one of the high-performance batteries for your heavy-duty engine.
Guide To Buying The Best Battery For 6.7 Cummins
A simple guide will help you in choosing the right battery for 6.7L Cummins.
1. Batteries sizes for different vehicles
When you have a truck equipped with a Cummins 6.7L diesel engine, you can choose Group 65 batteries. However, you must know your manufacturer’s instructions before investing in a battery.
2. Check the battery type
You have two options, AGM and lead-acid batteries. The more sustainable ones are AGM batteries.
3. Cold-cranking amps
You need to check CCA, which indicates the number of amps discharged by the battery at about 7.2 amps for 30 seconds. There must be at least 500 cold-cranking amps for the battery used for the pickup truck.
4. Reserve capacity
It denotes the battery’s runtime, and in most cases, the AGM battery has a high reserve capacity. After a deep discharge, the AGM battery keeps 80% of the charge.
What are cold-cramping amps?
CCA refers to the battery performance standard in cold conditions. You need to check out the CCA rating by calculating the number of amps delivered by the battery. When the surrounding environment has sub-zero-degree temperatures, you need to focus on CCA ratings.
How many batteries do I need for a diesel truck?
It would help if you had an oversized battery for the diesel truck. However, some truck owners use two batteries. A diesel engine needs high-cranking amps.
What are the common bad battery signs?
You cannot start your engine with a bad battery. Moreover, your automobile can crank slower, and your battery cylinders have sparked.
How long do Cummins’s 6.7L battery last?
The premium battery fitted with your Cummins 6.7L engine adds the power level needed to start the vehicle. The battery’s lifetime can vary depending on several factors, like your driving habits, electrical use, and weather conditions.
Now, you can decide on the right battery for your 6.7L Cummins engine. Our review will help you to choose the right product for your vehicle’s engines.